Every IFMGA mountain guide has successfully completed a training program which complies to a standard platform, guaranteeing a certain level of quality. The Responsible Professional Practice commission ensures that quality is, besides initial training, also sustained in the professional practice.
This RPP commission deals with the following issues:
* How do our member associations together with their guides ensure quality management as an ongoing & more or less formal process ?
* It is be the core objective of the RPP commission to exchange/coordinate/improve what is being done, with the aim of mutualising resources
* How we deal with accidents, how we learn from them and from "near misses" is of course a central point of our work in this commission
The scope of the RPP commission can be summarized as follows:
* Accident management procedures and international solidarity in dealing with accidents abroad
* Learning from accidents & « near misses »
* IFMGA code of conduct
* Local use and customs
* Guide's liability insurance
* Organiser's liability insurance/Packaging – All inclusive