Information updated per 14.09.2021
Start date and expiry date of the measures in force?
- 13.09.2021 until further notice
Main points concerning mountain guides
- There is an obligation to have a Covid Certificate for access to huts, restaurants, climbing gyms and many more, see https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/68153.pdf
- Safety precautions have to be observed (social distancing 1.5 m, wearing a mask and more, see https://foph-coronavirus.ch/
- Working as a mountain guide is allowed. The size of the group is not restricted.
- Private Mountaineering is allowed. The size of the group is not restricted.
Possibility of guiding for foreign (non-resident) guides, yes/no?
- Yes, but only respecting the safety precautions listed in https://foph-coronavirus.ch/
Possibility of coming to the country for foreign (non-resident) tourists, yes/no, date?
- Depending on the home country maybe travel restrictions and obligation for quarantine, see https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html
- New rules are being discussed, they will be valid from the 20th of September 2021. There will probably be a necessity to have a Covid Certificate plus another measure for those with a certificate based on a test.
Cable car open, yes/no?
- Yes, no Covid certificate needed, mask obligatory
Open huts, yes/no?
- Yes, also hotels and restaurants, but access only with Covid Certificate. Check special rules for the huts in https://www.sac-cas.ch/de/covid/
Not allowed activities (Mountain Sector), what are they?
Maximum group size?
- Not relevant for mountaineering.
- social distancing: minimum 1,5m, in and outdoor
- wearing a mask if the minimum social distances cannot be respected and in public transport, shops etc.
- more see https://foph-coronavirus.ch/
• ASGM protection concept for active mountain guides in Switzerland: